Shut Up Head.com

Monday, July 03, 2006

From Larry King's Interview

Addendum to yesterday's post: I caught a re-run of Larry King last night interviewing Superman Returns stars Brandon Routh and Kevin Spacey along with director Bryan Singer. Among the exchanges from the June 23 show:

KING: There are some who are also comparing, this may be a stretch, Superman to Jesus. Someone told me today. You know, you can see superman, he comes, he's not born of, you know, he's got, his father's the big man.

SPACEY: What that means is that God would be Marlon Brando.

KING: And he probably was.

SINGER: In the first movie he says, I send them you, my only son. I mean, these are, we grow up in a Judeo-Christian culture here in the United States and these concepts, I mean, even in the origin of superman it was always the family that send their, it was sort of the story of Moses. It was a family that send their child down the river to, or in this case from Krypton to Earth to fulfill a greater destiny. Here we deal a little more with saviors, redemption, resurrection. These themes are not remotely lost to me.


The full transcript is online (scroll past the Regis Philbin interview).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home